Saturday, June 16, 2007

The beginning

As many of you know, our journey to parenthood has been a long and bumpy ride. Our journey started five years ago when we decided we were "ready" to start a family. Through the last five years we have endured much heartache and shed many tears before realizing that we just couldn't do it anymore. We were mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted. It was time to stop the madness! The moment we decided to walk away from the world of tests, injections, stirrups, and countless disappointments, our lives shifted. Through all of the infertility procedures we endured, I never felt a sense of peace in my heart that we were doing the right thing. In fact, I was constantly plagued with doubt, which weighed heavily on my mind. The moment we decided to move forward with adoption, however, I felt this overwhelming sense of relief and "YES! This is IT!!" That is the moment I knew we were finally on the right path to building our family. What an amazing feeling it was! On December 11, 2006, we mailed our application to Families Thru International Adoption and we haven't looked back since!

I am creating this blog for several reasons. I have kept a journal ever since my parents bought me my first journal at the age of 12. I am generally a very private person and journaling is quite therapeutic for me. This blog is an extension of my personal journey and a positive way to spend the long months ahead as we wait for our baby to come home.

This blog is also for you - our friends and family. We have been overwhelmed by all the love and support we have received. We are very humbled by your open hearts and your support. We are so blessed to have you in our lives and we quickly realized that we cannot do this alone. This blog enables us to keep everyone updated on our process and share this amazing experience with the people who mean the most to us.

I really don't know how this will evolve, but this is just the beginning. I hope that you check back often to see how we are doing! We still have a long road ahead of us and need all the support we can get!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Eli is so precious! I love the FTIA chat group - what a wonderful source of support for us on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand exactly how you feel. We only went through 2 years of treatment before realizing that adoption was the path we were meant to take. This journey is exciting and I look forward to walking it with you! (from FTIA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's Aunt Arlene! I love your blog and can't wait to read more. Adopting Francee has been such a wonderful thing for Uncle Randy & me. It's hard to believe that she's 22 and married already! Don't blink or it will happen to you, too! You're in for the most precious ride of your life. Much love to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to support you through this process. We are eagerly waiting the day you bring Eli home and where he, in addition to your love for him, will also be surrounded by the love of his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

    ReplyDelete