Today you are 18 months old! Wow! Why does this day feel signficant? I don't know, but it does. It is just amazing how much you have grown and changed since we have been together forever as a family (almost 6 months already!!). You fill our hearts with so much joy and make us laugh everyday. We love you so much!
Here you are on the day you were placed in our arms forever: April 27, 2008
Here you are now! Look how much you have changed already!
Here is what you have been up to at 18 months:1. You LOVE firetrucks!! We live right beside the fire station, so you love to look out the window to see the firetruck. In fact, you do this ALL day! One of the fire fighters even walked over one day and invited you to the station to look at the fire truck!
2. You LOVE to dance! You will dance to almost anything, but your favorite song is "Te Quiero."
3. One of your favorite things to do outside (after looking for the fire truck!) is to go to the garden and pick vegetables. Mommy & daddy taught you how to pick the tomatoes and peppers.
4. You are quite a talker! You know well over 30 words and several signs. Dinner time is your favorite time to talk and you always have wonderful and amazing stories to tell.
5. You and Porter are great buddies. You love to give him hugs and kisses and play fetch with him. You can't say "Porter", yet, so you call him "boo."
6. You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books! One of your favorite books is "Wheels on the Bus." We often sing this song over and over again!
7. You love trucks and school buses and point them out whenever we see them.
8. You can point out a bear, snake, duck, frog, turtle, dog, cat, horse, zebra, tiger, lion, penguin, sheep, bee, bird, monkey, cow, pig, fish, and more. You love looking at animals.
9. For some reason, whenever you pick up a washcloth, dish towel, or a wet wipe you put it up to your mouth and cough.
10. You love buttons, zippers, switches, and clasps and you know how to work them all!
11. You can identify almost all of your body parts.
12. You are so affectionate and love to give lots of hugs and kisses. You give the best hugs and kisses!
13. You are definitely not a picky eater! You will eat almost anything, including lemon and lime slices!
14. You like to scream! You scream when you are happy and excited and when you are mad and frustrated.
15. Big Bear and Little Bear (thanks Beth!!) are your favorite stuffed animals right now. They sleep with you every night and you love to give your bears hugs and kisses.
16. You love shoes, but you don't really like to wear them. You always end up kicking off your shoes in the car or in the store. It's amazing we haven't lost one, yet! Though, you love wearing mommy and daddy's shoes around the house.
17. You are so smart! We usually only have to show you something once and you remember.
18. Daddy can always make you laugh! And, that laugh...oh, that laugh just melts my heart every time!