Thursday, September 10, 2009

Who's Missing?

I recently read this great post on iheartfaces about self-portraits and putting yourself in the picture. Read the post HERE. Most of the family pictures I take are of Eli with a few of him and his daddy. I am typically the one behind the camera so I am often left out of most of the pictures. Sometimes I will hand Jason the camera, but usually I am just focused on capturing pea and his little personality. It dawned on me after reading this post that, by not including myself in a lot of the pictures, I have definitely fallen into that mommy trap where it is so easy to forget about me. I have officially become the invisible mom behind the camera. I don't want pea to look back on these years and have very few pictures of us together. I absolutely love seeing pictures of me as a child with my parents! Those pictures have helped to form and maintain so many of our family memories, our family story. Isn't that what is important? So, that is one of my new goals...more FAMILY pictures...not just pea pictures.

Here are a few from our visit to the park this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun feeding the ducks, throwing rocks in the water, looking at the crabapples (pea trying to eat them!)...just being together.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

Okay, one token pea-only picture. ;)
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love your "together" shots!! Really really good and you arej so right. I need to get better at that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Steph! I miss seeing pics of me with the kids, maybe I'll work on that auto timer! ;-)

    Lordy, Little Pea is a-growing, isn't he? What size shoe is he up to now? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. when did that boy get SOOOOOO big!?!??

    I think most of us Mom's need to work on this!! I love seeing pics of you with him. YOu can just see how much you adore him!!

    I missed you, and hope you are back to blogging more again. It seems many are using FB now, but I still like the intimacy of our little blogs!!

    I am thinking we are going to have to travel to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pic of Pea and his daddy holding hands! Precious! I love that you are including yourself in more pics... You are beautiful and Pea will love seeing himself with his Pretty Momma someday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pics! I'm guilty of always being behind the camera, too. Heck, these days I hardly ever get the camera out--it's terrible! I'd love to know what kind of camera you have. It takes awesome pictures--great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the pictures! and I read the iheartfaces post. It's true, as the photographer, I'm in very few pictures but it's never too late to change.
    Thanks for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, great pictures of your son and his daddy and mommy. I too find myself behind the camera usually. lots of photos with my daughter and her daddy but only a few of her and me. so I'll read that iheartfaces post and maybe get myself in front of the camera. many moms can take photos of themself and their child by putting the camera out in front of them -- I've never had much luck with that. your son is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that! Thanks for posting this, I have a hard time remembering that my kids will want to see me in pictures when they are older! You are right, I love the pics of me with my parents too. I'll try harder to get in front of the camera, it's hard though! I'd so much rather be behind it.

    ReplyDelete